Vishay's Bright Red LED Displays Offer High Brightness and Superior Viewing CharacteristicsDecember 19, 2016
Vishay’s LEE-128G032B, a bright red LED display module integrating 128 x 32 LED graphics displays with drive electronics and + 5-V HC CMOS-level video interface, belongs to the company’s portfolio of high intensity LED displays. These LED displays, coming in an ultra-slim profile, were initially launched to replace Vishay’s popular APD-128G032 plasma module and are designed to offer superior viewing characteristics.
The bright red LED displays offer designers a great choice with super-high brightness and excellent features without causing any stress to the viewer’s eye. LEE-128G032B bright red LED modules leverage nearly four to five times the product life of a plasma display while reducing the maintenance and replacement costs significantly.
Featuring dimensions of 12.75-in.(323.85mm) x 3.15-in.(80.01mm) viewing area, Vishay's family of high brightness LED displays are best suited for low- to medium-level information content such as slot and gaming machines, process control, pinball machines and arcade games, POS terminals, message centers, medical equipment, and automatic teller machines (ATMs).
Densely packaged in a very low 1.1-in (19.0-mm) profile, the LEE-128G032B LED displays deliver a high contrast ratio of > 30:1, wide viewing angle of >°150°, and large .65-in (16.51-mm) x .45-in (11.43-mm) characters for long distance readability.
Vishay's bright red LED modules feature the same characteristics as the neon orange LEE-128G032-1, making both an identical match for displays developed on plasma technology, but with only half the power consumption from a single ± 5-V supply.
Summary of Key Characteristics Offered in Vishay’s Bright Red LEE-128G032B LED Displays
- The all-new LEE-128G032B LEDs replace the APD-128G032 plasma display modules
- Incorporates + 5 V HC CMOS level video interface
- Displays large characters
- Highly ideal for long distance viewing
- Industry-leading contrast ratio of > 30:1
- Excellent bright red color
- Launched in a ultra-slim profile
- Generates high-brightness with 50% less energy consumption of plasma display modules
- Compliant to RoHS directive 2002/95/EC
Technical Specifications of Vishay’s LEE-128G032B Bright Red LED Displays
- Voltage(s) Required: + 5 VDC (VCC)
- Power Required (Fully Lit): Typical = 5.5 W
- Maximum = 6.5 W
- Viewing Area: 12.75" [323.8 mm] W x 3.15" [80.01 mm] L
- Character Size (5 x 7): 0.65" [16.51 mm] H x 0.45" [11.43 mm] W
- Pixel Size: 0.063" [1.6 mm] H x 0.031" [0.8 mm] W
- Pixel Pitch: 0.100" [2.54 mm]
- Luminance: 100 ft-L minimum
- Color: Bright Red
- Viewing Angle: > 150°
- Operating Temperature: - 40 °C to + 85 °C
- Storage Temperature: - 40 °C to + 85 °C
- Relative Operating Humidity: To 95 % non-condensing
- Mechanical Shock: 30 G
- Vibration: 3 G
- Operating Altitude: 10 000 ft
Introduced in a lead (Pb)-free slim package, Vishay's bright red LED displays are halogen-free, RoHS-compliant, and conform to 'Vishay Green' standards. Single piece and large production quantities of the LEE-128G032B LED modules are now available with lead times of ten to twelve weeks for batch orders.
To learn more about this product, please contact the WPGA team.