V35PWxxx / V40PWxxx: Vishay’s TMBS® Rectifiers Deliver High Current DensityJune 7, 2016
Featured among Vishay’s newest products for 2016, the V35PWxxx / V40PWxxx range of TMBS® Rectifiers make the perfect choice for low voltage high frequency DC/DC converters, freewheeling diodes, and polarity protection applications.
Vishay’s TMBS® Rectifiers deliver high current density up to 40A in a surface-mount SlimDPAK package with a low 1.3 mm profile.
The V35PWxxx / V40PWxxx rectifiers work great for high efficiency operations and are 57 % thinner than DPAK packages. They also provide better thermal performance with a 14 % larger heatsink area.
Star features of V35PWxxx / V40PWxxx Rectifiers
Some of the features that makes these rectifiers stand out are the following:
- Very low-profile, surface-mount SlimDPAK package with typical height of 1.3 mm (57 % of DPAK package height)
- Better thermal performance (RθJM = 1.5 °C/W) than DPAK (TO-252) due to 14 % larger heatsink area
- Trench MOS Schottky technology provides low forward voltage drop
- High current density up to 35 A (single chip) and 40 A (dual chip center-tap common cathode)
- PCB footprint compatible with DPAK (TO-252)
- AEC-101 qualified
|THERMAL CHARACTERISTICS (TA = 25 °C unless otherwise noted)|
|PARAMETER||SYMBOL||V35PWxxx / V40PWxxx||UNIT|
|Typical thermal resistance||RqJA (1)(2)||55||°C/W|
Typical Applications and Market Segments Where V35PWxxx / V40PWxxx Rectifiers are Applicable
This class of rectifiers can be used in Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS), DC/DC converters, battery-charger units, and frequency inverters to enhance the current density and the thermal performance of these devices.
V35PWxxx / V40PWxxx Rectifiers Meet the Environmental and Safety Standards
Being free from Halogen, the full range of V35PWxxx / V40PWxxx rectifiers are RoHS compliant. All products are delivered in 13” diameter plastic tape and reel.
For more information on this product, contact the WPGA team.