Semtech Expands ClearEdge CDR Portfolio for Low-Cost 25G SFP28 SR Modules & Active Optical CablesMarch 27, 2017
Semtech Corporation, a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, announced an initial production release of the new, integrated ClearEdge CDR solutions at the Optical Fiber Conference and Exhibition (OFC) in Los Angeles, CA on March 21, 2017.
The ClearEdge CDR solutions enable low-cost SFP28 SR modules and Active Optical Cables (AOCs) for data center, enterprise and wireless applications. Semtech demonstrated the innovative solutions in their OFC booth during the conference last week.
According to the official Semtech release, the ClearEdge CDR Solutions include three variations: GN2147, GN2148 and GN2149.
- Solution for SFP28 SR modules and AOCs that includes dual ClearEdge CDRs, integrated transimpedance amplifier (TIA) and VCSEL driver
- Compact 1.7mm x 3.0 mm bare die format
- Transceiver consumes less than 400mW total power to enable highly differentiated module solutions
- Incorporates a ClearEdge CDR with an integrated VCSEL driver (GN2149 incorporates a ClearEdge CDR with an integrated TIA)
- Offered in a compact 1.2mm x 2.9mm bare die format and both Tx and Rx die consume less than 200mW power each
- Uses proprietary VCSEL compensation technology to enable low-bandwidth VCSELs and extended reach beyond 150m OM3 fiber
- Supports data rates from 24.0Gb to 28.1Gb to enable a wide range of applications
For more information about Semtech’s ClearEdge CDR solutions, check out these datasheets or contact a WPGA Specialist today.