Powerbox Announces Four New Series of Extra-Wide Input DC/DC Converters for Railway & Transportation ApplicationsMay 22, 2018
Powerbox, leading provider of power solutions for demanding applications, announces the release of four new series of extra-wide input DC/DC converters specific for railway and transportation applications.
With a 13:1 input voltage range of 12V to 160V, the MAD33 (8W), MAD32 (10W), MAE35 (15W) and MAF35 (20W) have been developed to provide systems designers with a single part number that is able to power a large range of transportation industry applications.
With not many 13:1 input DC/DC converters on the market, and with most customers using two different part numbers to cover the input voltage range, Powerbox’s new MAD-MAE-MAF series offers a solution in a single part number.
MAD-MAE-MAF Series Key Features
- Designed to meet railways specifications EN50155, EN50121-3-2, EN61373 and EN45545
- Designed to meet ISO7637-2 for 24V vehicles and EN12895 for industrial trucks and other industrial applications such as robotics
- Full power output power in ambient temps up to 60 degrees C
- Deliver power with linear derating up to 100 degrees C case
- Plastic housing
- Output isolation voltage of3,000 VAC
- Meet thermal shock and vibration requirements as specified in EN61373 and MIL-STD-810F
- Meet Fire and Smoke EN45545-2 standard
- Typical efficiency rating of 86%
- RoHS compliant
This efficiency rating is an outstanding figure, considering the extra-wide 13:1 input range.
System designers are increasingly facing challenging situations, being asked to develop products to operate in many different applications powered by a large range of voltages. In the simplest since, versatility is the name of the game.
With operating input range from 12V to 160V and a power input range from 8W to 20W, the new MAD-MAE-MAF series of DC/DC converters from Powerbox are the “Swiss army knife” power solution, offering simplifying design while shortening time to market and reducing documentation and inventory.
- Railway applications
- Communication devices
- GSM-R phones and docking stations
- Routers/WiFI access points
- Small screens
- USB charging sockets (in-seat and driver’s cabin)
- Standby power for larger devices
Powerbox’s MAD33 (8W), MAD32 (10W), MAE35 (15W) and MAF35 (20W) complement the PQB50U-72S (50W) and PFB600W-110S (600W), offering a complete range of power modules solutions, from 8W up to 600W, to railway applications and demanding industries.
For more information about the new series of DC/DC converters from Powerbox, contact WPG America’s Director of Power Solutions, Rob Gray.