MPS Releases New Step-Down LED Driver and Enhanced LLC ControllerMay 22, 2017
Monolithic Power Systems, a leading power solutions company based in San Jose, California, has released their new Enhanced LLC Controller HR1001C, and Step-Down LED Driver MPM6010 / MPM6010-AEC1 to production.
Features and Benefits of the New HR1001C
The HR1001C integrates capacitive mode protection (CMP) features, functional improvements on surge performances, and adaptive dead-time adjustment (ADTA), which automatically inserts a dead time between the two complementary gate outputs. The high-efficiency ADTA, featuring a simple design and low EMI, achieves this by keeping the outputs off while sensing the dV/dt current of the half-bridge switching node.
The capacitive mode protection feature incorporated in the new device prevents potentially damaging capacitive mode switching, in case the output is shorted or has an abnormal overload. The CMP feature in HR1001C protects the MOSFET during extreme conditions.
HR1001C, the new Enhanced LLC Controller in the MPS family, enters into a controlled burst mode at light load to reduce power consumption and strengthen the output regulation. The device includes full protection features including over-temperature protection (OTP), brown-in and brown-out, auto-recovery, and two-level over-current protection (OCP), improving the safety of the converter with minimal extra components. Key features of HR1001C include -
- Adaptive-Dead-Time Adjustment (ADTA)
- Capacitive Mode Protection (CMP)
- 50% duty cycle, variable frequency control for resonant half-bridge converter
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) with programmable delay for improved surge performance
- 600V high-side gate driver with integrated bootstrap diode with a high-precision oscillator of high dV/dt immunity
- Operates up to 600kHz
- Two-level Over-Current Protection (OCP) with frequency shift, programmable duration time, and latched shutdown
- Latched disable Input for easy protection
- Remote On/Off control and brown-out protection through BO
- Programmable burst mode operation at light load
- Non-Linear soft start for monotonic output voltage rise
- Available in an SOIC-16 Package
Applications of Enhanced LLC Controller HR1001C
- Desktop PCs and Servers
- Telecom SMPS
- LCD and PDP TVs
- Video Game Consoles
- AC/DC Adapter, Open-Frame SMPS
- Electronic Lighting Ballasts
Product Specification and Advantages of MPM6010 and MPM6010-AEC1
The MPM6010 / MPM6010-AEC1 is a module synchronous, rectified, step-down LED driver with integrated inductor, built-in power MOSFETs, and two capacitors. The AEC-Q100 qualified, 36V/1.5A high efficiency step-down LED driver offers a compact solution in a 3mm x 5mm x 1.6mm space-saving QFN-17 package with an excellent load and line regulation over a wide range of input supply.
MPM6010 dramatically accelerates the time to market by eliminating designing and manufacturing risks with comprehensive protection features including thermal shutdown (TSD), over-current protection (OCP), and other cutting-edge functionalities like -
- Complete Switch Mode Power Supply
- Wide 4V-to-36V Operating Input Range
- 85mΩ/50mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode Operation
- Default 2.2MHz Switching Frequency
- PWM Dimming (Min 100Hz Dimming Frequency)
- Forced CCM Mode
- 0.2V Reference Voltage
- Internal Soft-Start
- Fault Indication for LED Short, Open and Thermal Shutdown
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) with Valley-Current Detection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available Wettable Flank
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
Applications of MPM6010 and MPM6010-AEC1 Step-Down LED Driver
- Automotive LED lighting
- Map lights
- Backup lights
All MPS parts are lead-free, halogen-free, and adhere to the RoHS directive. Please refer to the corresponding data sheets - HR1001C and MPM6010 / MPM6010-AEC1 - for more information on the new Enhanced LLC Controller and Step-Down LED Driver.
For more information or product enquiries about MPS’s Step-Down LED Driver and Enhanced LLC Controller, please contact a member of the WPGA Power team.