MPS Offers MP3429 — A High-Efficiency, Fully Integrated, Synchronous Boost ConverterAugust 24, 2017
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc (MPS), a global leader in providing integrated power semiconductor solutions and power delivery architectures, unveils the MP3429, a 600kHz, fixed-frequency, highly integrated, boost converter.
The MP3429 includes a wide input voltage range that starts from as low as 2.7V, supporting up to 30W of load power from a 1-cell battery with integrated low RDS (ON) power MOSFETs.
The device adopts full protection features like programmable input under-voltage lockout and over-temperature protection with separate MODE functions such as ultrasonic mode (USM), forced continuous conduction mode (FCCM), and pulse-skip mode (PSM) in light-load condition.
Industry-Leading Features of MPS MP3429 High-efficiency, Fully Integrated, Synchronous, Boost Converter
MPS MP3429 incorporates cutting-edge features including constant-off-time (COT) control topology, which helps deliver a faster transient response. Additional key features of the leading synchronous, boost converter include:
- 2.7V to 13V Start-Up Voltage
- 0.8V to 13V Operating Voltage
- Up to 16V Output Voltage
- Supports 30W Average Power Load and 40W Peak Power Load from 3.3V
- 21.5A Internal Switch Current Limit
- Integrated 6.5mΩ and 10mΩ Power MOSFETs
- >95% Efficiency for 3.6V VIN to 9V/3A
- Selectable PSM, >23kHz USM, and FCCM in Light-Load Condition
- 600kHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Adaptive COT for Fast Transient Response
- External Soft Start and Compensation Pins
- Programmable UVLO and Hysteresis
- 150°C Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- Available in a QFN-13 (3mmx4mm) Package
Application Areas of MPS MP3429 Fixed-frequency, Wide Input Range, Highly Integrated, Boost Converter
The cycle-by-cycle current limit on the low-side MOSFET blocks current leakage while the high-side MOSFET of the device eliminates the requirement for an external Schottky diode.
Integration of such features make the MP3429 ideal for a variety of applications, including:
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Portable POS Systems
- Quick-Charge Power Banks
Monolithic Power Systems’ Quality Assurance Organization coordinates, develops, and implements unprecedented quality initiatives, which lead to the designing and manufacturing of high-class products that meet and exceed customer expectations.
The MP3429, available in a QFN-13 (3mm x 4mm) package, is lead-free, halogen-free, and adhere to the RoHS directive. Please visit the MPS website under Quality Assurance to know more about MPS green status.
For more information on the MP3429 and product inqueries, please contact WPGA Power Solutions Director Rob Gray.