GainSpan’s GS2011M: Ultra-Low Power High Speed 802.11b/g/n ModuleJanuary 8, 2017
GainSpan, an industry leader in IoT solutions with a broad portfolio of state-of-the-art low-power WiFi modules and chips, introduces their ultra-low power module for organizations with limited WiFi or RF expertise – the GS2011M.
The GS2011M provides a quick, easy and cost-effective way for device and appliance manufacturers to add WiFi connectivity to their products. This module is perfect for organizations with limited WiFi or RF expertise because it reduces RF design time and removes the burden of testing and certification. The GS2011M is also ideal for those seeking a faster time to market.
Features of the GS2011M
The module includes two analog to digital converter pins for connecting energy measurement and other sensors. The module supports a complete suite of security protocols, without tasking the host microcontroller.
Other features include:
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n connectivity with PHY rates up to 72 Mbps
- Limited AP, WiFi Direct with concurrent mode, WPS 2.0
- 27 configurable I/O
- Extensive networking stack and services
- Can be used in a hostless mode
GainSpan’s GS2011M module can be set up simply and easily using a smartphone or laptop though the innovating Limited AP mode, or with WiFi Protected Setup (WPS). Other module highlights:
- Industrial grade
- Power Source: 3.3V main supply, 3.3V I/O, 1.6V to 3.6V Battery
- Certification: FCC, IC, CE/ETSI, TELEC, WiFi
- I/O Interfaces: SPI, UART, SDIO, I2C, I2S, GPIO, ADC, JTAG, PWM