Cree Announces New XLamp CMA High Current LEDs, Expanding Industry’s Broadest COB LED PortfolioOctober 17, 2017
Cree, world leader in premium LEDs, has announced the release of their new family of XLamp CMA high current LED arrays, providing the industry’s best lumen density and efficacy for metal-based COB LEDs.
In a press release from earlier this month, the company said the new CMA LEDs deliver up to 2 ½ time the lumen density of their Standard Density CXA2 LEDs. These new CMA LEDs are compatible with existing ecosystems of holders and optics for the CXA2 LED family, allows lighting manufacturers to boost the lumen output of their products with minimal redesign.
- Innovative metal COB technology, delivering higher reliability than competing metal COBs
- Ability to be mounted directly to the heat sink, eliminating the need for holders and simplifying the luminaire manufacturing process (reduces system cost)
- Available in 2700K-6500K CCTs
- Standard color options of 70, 80 and 90 CRI
- Premium color options include high fidelity (98 CRI) and specialty color points