Bel Power Adds Fan-Cooled TXP3500 Series to its High Power PortfolioMarch 22, 2017
Bel Power Solutions, a global supplier of premium power management devices, introduced the TXP3500 Series as an extension of their high power portfolio. The TXP3500 Series comes with a maximum 3500 W AC-DC power supply that is suitable for industrial machinery, process and control applications.
The high power series of AC-DC converters can be deployed in an array of industrial applications where efficiency is a crucial factor. The series integrates a PFC front-end stage along with an isolated DC-DC stage to convert the 3 Phase input voltage to a low DC output voltage.
Bel’s TXP3500 product line includes the industry-leading DSP technologies, which can monitor electrical parameters as well as enable control of the power supply unit from a system controller. The device also incorporates RS485 / CAN bus communication that can monitor, give diagnostic information, and create an interface between system controllers.
Features and Benefits of Bel’s High Power TXP3500 Series
The Fan cooled TXP3500 series power supplies offer active as well as passive current sharing system with parallel operation of up to 8 units (28 kW). The key features of TXP3500 Series include:
- World-Wide 3-phase Input Voltage Range (nom. 200 Vrms to 480 Vrms)
- Power Factor > 0.94
- High Power Density 16 W/in3
- 93% Typical Efficiency
- Parallel Operation of up to 8 Units (28 kW)
- Serial Operation of up to 4 Units
- Internal Fan Cooling System
- -20 to 55°C of Ambient Temperature
- Possibility to Install 4 Units in 2U 19” Rack
- RS485 / CAN bus Interfaces
- Adjustable Output Voltage Range
- Auxiliary Output 12 V / 0.8 A
- Passive or Active Current Sharing
Technical Specifications of Fan-Cooled TXP3500 Series of Power Supplies
The high power TXP3500 Series features a slim footprint of 135 x 85 x 465 mm / 5.31 x 3.35 x 18.31 inches and accommodates the universal 3 phase input voltage range of 180 - 528 Vrms at up to 63 Hz. The internal fan-cooled system with an advanced thermal design facilitates a wide operating temperature range of -20° to +55°C.
Technical specification summary
- Applications: ITE (Commercial)
- Current - Output (Max):73A
- Features: Adjustable Output, Baseplate, IP20, Load Sharing, PFC, Remote On/Off, Remote Sense, Universal Input
- Mounting Type: Rack Mount
- Number of Outputs:1
- Power (Watts):3500W
- Size / Dimension:15.77" L x 4.06" W x 3.33" H (400.6mm x 103.0mm x 84.6mm)
- Type: Front End
- Voltage - Input:180 ~ 528 VAC (3PH)
- Voltage - Isolation:3kV (3000V)
- Voltage - Output 1:48V
- Operating Temperature:-40°C ~ 85°C Applications of TXP3500 Industrial Power Supply Unit
The fan-cooled TXP3500 industrial power supply is available with a universal input voltage range of 180 VAC – 528 VAC (line to line) and configurable output voltage. The series can be deployed in a variety of industrial applications including Machinery PSU, process and control.
Bel’s TXP3500 Series of power supplies are RoHS compliant and certified by safety agency as per CSA/UL60950-1. The product line meets the standard requirements of EN 60950-1 and radiated EMI requirements of EN 55022-A.
For more information on Bel Power’s TXP3500 Series, contact a WPGA Power Specialist.