Abracon's Compact Shielded SMD Power Inductor Designed for Automotive and Industrial OperationAugust 9, 2017
Abracon, a globally recognized manufacturer of superior frequency control and magnetic components, introduces the compact shielded SMD power inductor series comprising of two cutting-edge devices — the ASPIAIG-H6530 and ASPIAIG-H8540.
The automotive shielded SMD inductor series is specifically optimized for compact and low-profile applications that require low DC resistance, high density, and high saturation while maintaining high inductance.
Abracon’s compact shielded SMD power inductor series has been expressly designed to meet the challenging demands of the next generation DC/DC converters and switch-mode power supplies (SMPS). The leading-edge inductor series delivers unmatched size to power density trade-offs with inductance ranging from 0.22μH to 33μH.
Key Features of Abracon's Compact Shielded SMD Power Inductor
The best-in-class ASPIAIG-H6530 and ASPIAIG-H8540 use wire-wound construction and an advanced Fe-base metal material to fit the high-reliability requirements of industrial and automotive applications.
Prominent features of the SMD power inductor series include:
- Low profile 3mm height for compact applications
- Advanced and high-reliability wire-wound construction
- Shielded construction reduces EMI
- Automotive grade power inductor
- TS-16949 qualified production
- PPAP level 3 support
- AEC-Q200 qualified with -40˚C to 125˚C operation
- Low DCR down to 3.5mΩ improves efficiency
- High saturation current up to 32A
- Compact 7.1 x 6.5mm or 8.8 x 8.5mm options
Applications of Abracon's Compact Shielded Smd Power Inductor
The AEC-Q200 qualified ASPIAIG-H8540 is available in a low profile 8.8 x 8.5 x 4.0 mm package and the ASPIAIG-H6530 in 7.1 x 6.5 x 3.0mm.
The industrial-grade devices can be used in a variety of applications such as:
- Height restricted applications
- Automotive body electronics and comfort system
- Automotive infotainment and entertainment
- Automotive navigation
- Lighting, LED ballasts
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Industrial applications
- Solar power
- DC/DC converters and switch mode power supplies
Abracon's compact shielded SMD power inductor series is TS-16949, supporting PPAP level 3.